Using instant noodles to repair household furnishings and even car bumpers sounds crazy, doesn’t it? Yet it is being done across the globe thanks to recent videos shared all over the internet.
A man in China was the first to share this repair method online. In his video, he is seen stuffing instant noodles into a hole in a porcelain sink, using them as a filler, along with glue. Once they hardened, he sanded them down and painted over the area with a can of spray paint.
The craze has caught on, and people are giving this method a try, and are having fun while doing so. Are you ready to give it a try?
What you Will Need
Before you get started, here are a few items you will need:
- Instant noodles
- An adhesive, such as a cyanoacrylate glue, useable on various materials such as ceramic, plastic, stone, metal, and rubber
- Items to hold noodles in place, such as cardboard, sandpaper, foil
- Hammer, to crush noodles
- Paint in different colors, including white
Basic Method for Repairs
The instant noodle and adhesive-based method used for repairs follows the same basic steps. These include the following, but can be modified as you see fit.
- Crush or grind up the instant noodles (depending on what you are using them to repair).
- If needed, insert a holder for the noodles such as a piece of cardboard.
- Place an adhesive in the hole, crack, dent, or whatever needs repair.
- Add noodles to cover the wet adhesive/glue.
- If needed, add a small amount of hot water to soften the noodles, turning them into a thick paste, making it easier to shape them.
- Let dry.
- Once dry, sand the area down.
- Seal and paint over the repaired area.
Examples of What Can Be Repaired
Now that you know the general process, and what you will need, what types of things can you repair?
Here are ten items to try repairing the instant noodle way:
- Broken porcelain sink
- Chipped coffee cup
- Chipped ceramic bowl
- Hole in a table, chair, or other home furnishing
- Chunk missing from a Coffee Table base
- Burned hole in a table
- Damage to a car or truck bumper
- Dent in a car
- Dent or hole in a boat
- Hole in the wall
This is just a general list, but you get the picture. Look around your home and see what is in need of a minor repair and give the noodles a try. It should be a fun way to get all those odd repair jobs out of the way.