You’re in need of a fresh new interior! Nice, but how are you gonna pay for this? Rearranging a room often costs a lot of money. You may have to buy paint, tools and new furniture and accessories. However, there are ways to save money. For example, you can keep certain pieces of furniture and reuse them in your new interior. Knowing what you can keep and what you have to do away with is essential. We help you with this difficult choice!
Which furniture style is easiest to add to your space?
When you buy new furniture, you don’t have to stay with your old interior. However, there are styles that fit easily into almost any interior. These are furniture that have clean and simple lines. This kind of furniture can give your space a trendy update and don’t have to cost much.
The ‘transitional’ style is a comfortable style that is inspired by both contemporary and more traditional styles. This style works well if you want to update your old interior, without turning it upside down.
If your space has a neutral or simple style, you can add dynamic, new accessories to give your space a beautiful, cohesive look to it.
How do you make the biggest impact with new furniture?
Purchasing the right furniture and accessories can have a big impact on your space, even if you only add a few things. Here are a few pieces of furniture that can give your space a fresh boost:
- Accent chairs: create a new conversation space in your living room.
- Dining chairs: Colorful chairs can be an answer to a boring dining room.
- Dining Room Sofa: Do you need a little more space in the dining room? With a dining couch you can replace two chairs and it can give the table a fresh look.
- Accent bedroom chair or sofa: Each bedroom benefits from a sitting area.
- Wall table: add this accent piece of furniture and give each hallway a fresh look.
- Footstools and footstools: bold colours and boho fabrics are totally the trend at the moment.
- Bench and chair covers: furniture covers can extend the life of your furniture, adding new colours and textures to your space.
- New lamps: lamps can look old-fashioned after a few years. A new lamp can be an easy way to give your dulled interior a new look.
How do you use color to merge your new and old furniture style?
Colour is an element that you can use to easily turn your old and new furniture into a coherent whole. So you can make the most of colour in your space:
- Make use of your existing colour palette: if you’re happy with your current colour palette, then buy furniture that matches this palette – simple, right?
- Add 1 or 2 new accent colours: update your old interior by adding a few new colours to your colour palette.
- Use accessories: colourful accessories can serve as a bridge between your pieces of furniture. Add decorative cushions, art and other colourful decorative items to your interior.