Have you slept in a five-star hotel in your travels and enjoyed the luxury and peaceful night of sleep that comes with it? Do you find it hard to resist the crispy bed that softly comforts you as you sleep? Many of us wish to have a bed made the way they do in hotels because we wake up so relaxed in the morning. But have you ever wondered how they do it?
Do you want to do it on your bed? For starters, you’ll need quality linens, mattresses, and outstanding folding skills.
Stick to White Bed Linen
White matches with anything. Your bed will look great and stylish with white linen despite the colors that you have chosen for the walls, ceiling, etc. Additionally, white linen has a calming effect on your mood. It’s pleasant to look at, and its appeal will never go out of style.
Here are other benefits of sticking to white linen on your bed:
- White is easy to clean since it can you can bleach.
- Using white, you do not need to worry about having a feminine or masculine appeal- white is neutral.
- It reflects simplicity while still being classy.
- It gives your bed a prominent and clean appearance in the bedroom.
Use Cotton Bed Linen
Cotton is one of the best materials for bed linens. Despite multiple washes, it maintains its softness. Furthermore, it is absorbent and helps keep the colors intact. You do not have to worry about fading. Its versatile nature makes it look great in any furnishing that it comes in, from the bedsheets to towels, and pillow covers. Egyptian cotton, in particular, is the ideal choice for your five-star look bed.
Remove Clutter From Your Bedroom
Clutter anywhere is an eyesore and undesirable. Hotels do not achieve attractive looks for their bedrooms by adding things- instead, they remove them.
Here are a few tips to observe while decluttering your bedroom:
- Keep all jewelry and other small items in trays or bowls to prevent them from scattering all over.
- Keep shoes, ties, socks in separate baskets.
- Have a laundry basket inside your bedroom to keep dirty clothes- chose a classy laundry basket. Get rid of shoes or clothes that you are no longer wearing even if it means donating them.
Iron Press Your Bed Linen
Ironing your bed linens helps make them look better. Additionally, it gives your bed an appearance that it was made by a professional.
Ironing board too small? Use a table or a surface you use for folding. Be sure to cover the table as a protective measure against possible heat damage.
Invest in a High-Quality Mattress or Topper
You may have achieved everything else in an attempt to replicate a five-star experience in your bedroom. But it is not complete without a matching mattress. If you do not have one already, be prepared to invest in a suitable option.
The right bed gives you a peaceful night’s sleep. Choose one that meets your needs and preferences. Some want a soft mattress that offers a “sinking” feeling, as if a calming cloud is engulfing them.
If you already have a mattress, but feel like it needs improvement, consider investing in a mattress or foam topper.
Tuck the Bottom Sheet Using Hospital Corners
Your bed needs a professional appearance to make it replicate the five-star look. Avoid using the fitted sheet and use larger ones that you can tuck around the mattress. Use a hospital corner to tuck it in tightly and ensure that you lay the top sheet upside down so that the top side will be the one, which is visible when you finally fold the top part. It is quite simple to make a hospital corner, especially if you know how to wraps gifts.
Here’s how to do it:
- Lay a flat sheet over your mattress (It must be rectangular and more prominent than the bed.
- Using your hands, tuck the sheet under the mattress, smoothly round all corners.
- At the foot, grabbing the sheet from the bottom, lift it to give the shape of an inverted “V” tent- hold it up with one hand while the other hand tuck the hanging fabric back in place smoothly.
- Tuck the sheet you’ve been holding under the mattress in a way that it comes on top of the corner you have just smoothened. Do this carefully and make sure there are no wrinkles.
- Replicate the process for every corner of your bed and remember to put back any hanging part of the sheet under the mattress to achieve a perfect spread.
Use Quality Pillows
A beautiful-looking pillow arrangement reflects a level of coordination- apart from the classy appeal, it also gives you a comfortable feeling in your sleep and sturdy support. For beds that have headboards, it is easier to attain the ideal pillow arrangement style. The best option is to have four pillows.
Press Your Pillows
You need two pillows standing against the headboard. To make them stand on their own, press them with your hands until the thickness reduces to almost half the original size.
Customize Your Bedroom Lighting
A dark bedroom is sometimes a turn-off, which is why five-star bedrooms have excellent lighting systems. Besides, you cannot perform other functions like dressing or scanning through a novel while relaxing with a poorly lit bedroom.
Consider a bedroom lighting system where you can dim the lights as you wanted. You may also choose to have a table lamp for your reading desk if you have one in your bedroom.
Personalize Your Space
Have ornaments, flowers, a sleek glass, and water drinking water container, among others that have a way of getting into your heart and arousing your joy. Your bedroom needs to reflect your personality- so feel free to give it a personalized look and feel.
Customizing your bedroom into looking as sleek as a five-star hotel is fun and exciting. But, it requires commitment and investment, too. You need to pay attention to detail, have an open mind, and choose top-quality materials. Of course, a little creativity and personality wouldn’t hurt, too!